Thursday, October 17, 2013

My Favorite Singer


Even though it may not be the most appropriate, my favorite singer is Honey Cocaine. She's a female rapper from Canada. I love her style, music, and attitude. She has this independent kind of influence. To be honest, I don't think there is a day that I don't listen to her music.


I believe it was my sophomore year when I first heard of her and did not like her music at all. But my best friend loved her so I would listen to Honey Cocaine only because my friend would play it around me. One day I decided to look her up on YouTube and carefully listened to some of her songs. There are plenty of inappropriate words but I think if someone's mature enough to handle it they should be fine listening to her music. After a while, I found myself listening to her at home and playing her album loud. Now till this day, I know her songs by memory. She's a strong, successful, independent young woman. I look up to her because of that.


If you like rap and would want to listen to a female artist I would recommend Honey Cocaine. She keeps it original. Be open minded about he music out there. You are what you listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment