Thursday, October 24, 2013

Monday's Assignment

10 Reasons Why People Start Smoking
10. Peer Pressure
9. Social Rewards
8. Risk-taking Behavior
7. Parental Influence
6. Misinformation
5. Genetic Predisposition
4. Advertising
3. Self Medication
2. Media Influences
1. Stress Relief

I strongly believe smoking cigarettes is disgusting. Something that really bothers me about smokers is when you are passing by and they just exhale the smoke right in front of your face. Another thing that bothers me is when they're smoking one and have their hand out with the cig while your at a stop light next to them. The effects of it are pretty disturbing. I've seen people lose teeth or have seen them have yellow teeth after smoking for years. I don't think these people understand how bad this can hurt you.
 
 

I believe people shouldn't turn towards these kind of things when they are stressing out. There's therapy and stuff like that. I don't think there is an excuse to start smoking. I'm not a smoker and I'm glad I'm not. I see all these young adults and teenagers who aren't even 18 yet smoking a pack a day. Clearly, these people aren't learning. They're slowly taking their lives away. But I sure do hope one day they realize that it wasn't the best thing or choice to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment